Mobile Number Portability
Retain Your Number with Telenor Mobile Number Portability.
Use your number with the existing operator code unchanged, along with our superior cellular services and get the confidence to connect reliably, every time.
- You are assured of a cellular service experience with us that will surpass all others in quality, reliability and value.
- Port your number to Telenor without any change in your mobile number and code.
For example: Your number is 0300-1234567 and your network will be Telenor
- Products, Packages of your Choice
You have the option of choosing any of our products, prepaid or postpaid regardless of what services you were using with your previous service provider
Select Any of Our Packages from Following Products
- Telenor Talkshawk - Rs 50 worth FREE Air Time with Porting Fee Rs. 55
- Djuice - Rs 50 worth FREE Air Time with Porting Fee Rs. 55
- Telenor Postpaid - Porting Fee (Rs. 55)
* Porting fee is non refundable.
Click here for MNP Process
If your number is part of a corporate subscription, please bring along a copy of identification information of the Chief Executive or the authorized signatory for the subscription. You must also bring along a written request on the company's letterhead or porting request application, signed by the Chief Executive/authorized signatory, requesting to port the number(s) issued in the name of the company/organization
Terms and Conditions
- To successfully port, it is necessary that you have been with your existing service provider for at least 60 days.
- There must essentially be no change in ownership of the number to be ported, in the last 60 days of the porting request.
- Ensure that the number to be ported is active (not expired) and is a valid subscription with the existing service provider
- You should have the SIM Number (or IMSI Number) of your existing service provider's SIM Card (mentioned on the SIM Card).
- No outstanding agreements or liability should exist between you and your existing service provider.
- You should not have any outstanding amount against any of the numbers in your name with existing service provider.
- There should be no legal impediments or pending matter in the Court of Law, related to the existing number(s), anywhere across Pakistan.
- Visit any Telenor Sales & Services Center, along with the necessary information, to make a porting request by filling out a porting request form by Telenor Pakistan. You would be requested to show the SIM for verification purposes.
- A porting fee has to be paid when making a porting request, as per policy. Please ask the agent attending you for the amount of the porting fee.
- A Number Portability Request (NPR) is launched by Telenor Pakistan and you are given a Telenor Pakistan SIM Card, along with a tentative time to when you can start to use Telenor's network on this SIM.
- You will receive a Mobile Number Portability User Guide along with the Telenor Pakistan SIM Card, which will inform you about the services you can enjoy while using Telenor on your existing number. It will also bear answers to some Frequently Asked Questions that you may have regarding the service.
- For further details, please visit the nearest Telenor Sales & Service Center.
Retain Your Number
- Use your number with the existing operator code unchanged, along with our superior cellular services and get the confidence to connect reliably, everytime.
- How long does it take my number to be ported to Telenor?
It takes four working days to port a number, provided you have no obligation/liability on your existing cellular network. For these four days, you will be using your existing operator's SIM which will be active. When your existing SIM gives the message of 'SIM registration failed', put in the Telenor SIM you have requested to port to.
- Can I choose the date on which to port?
Yes, you can specify any working day* to successfully port the number, which must fall within (13 - 18 working days) of the porting request. This gives you time to use up any balance or free minutes you may have remaining on your existing mobile network. *All requests are processed during office hours - 9 AM till 5 PM, Monday to Friday. Any requests made at any other time will be processed in upcoming working hours.
- How often can I port?
You can transfer the existing number as much as you want after 60 days of using the new cellular network
- Can I port my expired/deactivated number to Telenor?
No, only activated and valid numbers can be moved within cellular networks. So, do not cancel your existing service before porting your number.
- Can I continue using my existing services and rates?
All existing call plans and services with the existing services provider will terminate once your number is successfully ported to Telenor. Then you can start enjoying Telenor's best call plans with a wide array of value-added services as you choose.
- Can I select any package, Prepaid or Postpaid, regardless of my existing package plan?
Yes, you can select any Prepaid or Postpaid package offered by Telenor, regardless of your existing package plans on your existing network
- Will all porting requests be successful?
Depends. If all information you provide is validated and you have no obligations to your existing service provider, a porting request will be successful. However, there are some scenarios where porting requests can be put on hold, or denied.
Reasons for holding porting requests
Your porting request may be held for a defined period of time for the following
- Financial Settlement
If there are any unsettled financial obligations you may have with your existing
cellular network, porting may be put on hold for their settlement for
- up to 14 days, if you are an International Roaming subscriber
- up to 9 days, if you are not an International Roaming subscriber
- Close of Business/System Failure
Porting may be put on hold for 1 business day due to offices being closed or any
other unforeseen circumstances on part of your existing cellular network.
- Contractual Obligation
If your request has been put on a hold and within 2 days you are unable to settle the contract with the existing cellular network then your request may get rejected.
- Reasons for turning down porting requests
Your existing cellular network may turn down a porting request based on the following reasons:
- Contractual Obligations
You have financial contractual obligations with the existing cellular provider.
- Terminated/Disconnected/Blocked Numbers
You have requested to transfer a number that is terminated, disconnected, blocked or invalid.
- Primary Numbers
You have requested to port a number that is not primary, but secondary, such as a fax number, voice mail number, data number etc. Only primary numbers can be ported.
- Data Mismatch
The information provided with the request to port does not match with your existing cellular network, or is invalid.
- Outstanding Balance
There are unsettled monetary obligations you have against the number being
ported or any other number on your existing cellular network.
- New Subscription
A porting request within 60 days of a new subscription.
- Change of Ownership/Number
A pending request with the existing cellular network for change of name/ownership or mobile number.
The number requested for porting is awaiting judicial determination before the court of law, or ownership is disputed.
- How will I know if I have unsettled balance with my existing cellular network?
If you are a Postpaid user, your existing cellular network will inform you about it within 1 working day.
- How will I know when my number has been successfully ported?
You see a message of SIM registration failed on your existing cellular network's SIM when your number is disconnected. After this message insert your SIM card with Telenor's SIM, you will receive a Welcome-SMS, indicating that Telenor services are ready to be used.
- How do I save and transfer phone numbers stored in existing phonebooks?
People who are porting their phone numbers need to save or transfer their existing phonebooks before porting day. Otherwise they will lose their saved numbers. There are various ways to do this, depending on the type of existing and new phones. The implementation team can give you any help and advice you need, but here are the basics.
Copying numbers from one Bluetooth phone to another is easy. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions in the existing phone's user guide and the new Telenor user guide
If you have two phones with infrared, you can use it to transfer your numbers. Some infrared phones will allow you to transfer all the numbers in one hit, others will only allow one number to be transferred at a time. See your user guide for more details
Copy all your contacts from your old SIM on your mobile. Please insert the new Telenor SIM and copy all the contact from your mobile phone onto your new Telenor SIM.