Convert To Telenor
Retain your existing number with Telenor Mobile Number Portability.
Use your number with the existing operator code unchanged, along with our superior cellular services and get the confidence to connect reliably, every time.
3 Steps to port in to Telenor
Select any of the following packages:
- Telenor Talkshawk or djuice – Rs. 50 worth FREE Air Time (Porting Fee – Rs. 65)
- Telenor Postpaid - (Porting Fee Rs. 65)
If your number is part of a corporate subscription, please bring along a copy of identification information of the Chief Executive or the authorized signatory for the subscription. You must also bring along a written request on the company's letterhead or porting request application, signed by the Chief Executive/authorized signatory, requesting to port the number(s) issued in the name of the company/organization.
Terms and Conditions
- There must essentially be no change in ownership of the number to be ported, in the last 60 days of the porting request.
- Ensure that the number to be ported is active (not expired) and is a valid subscription with the existing service provider.
- You should have the SIM Number (or IMSI Number) of your existing service provider's SIM Card (mentioned on the SIM Card).
- No outstanding agreements or liability should exist between you and your existing service provider.
- You should not have any outstanding amount against any of the numbers in your name with existing service provider.
- There should be no legal impediments or pending matter in the Court of Law, related to the existing number(s), anywhere across Pakistan.
- Visit any Telenor Sales & Services Center, along with the necessary information, to make a porting request by filling out a porting request form by Telenor Pakistan. You would be requested to show the SIM for verification purposes.
- A Number Portability Request (NPR) is launched by Telenor Pakistan and you are given a Telenor Pakistan SIM Card, along with a tentative time to when you can start to use Telenor's network on this SIM.
- For further details, please visit the nearest Telenor Sales & Service Center.
Can I choose the date on which to port?
Yes, you can specify any working day* to successfully port the number, which must fall within (13 - 18 working days) of the porting request. This gives you time to use up any balance or free minutes you may have remaining on your existing mobile network.
*All requests are processed during office hours - 9 AM till 5 PM, Monday to Friday. Any requests made at any other time will be processed in upcoming working hours.
How often can I port?
You can transfer the existing number as much as you want after 60 days of using the new cellular network
Can I port my expired/deactivated number to Telenor?
No, only activated and valid numbers can be moved within cellular networks. So, do not cancel your existing service before porting your number.
Can I continue using my existing services and rates?
All existing call plans and services with the existing services provider will terminate once your number is successfully ported to Telenor. Then you can start enjoying Telenor's best call plans with a wide array of value-added services as you choose.
Can I select any package, Prepaid or Postpaid, regardless of my existing package plan?
Yes, you can select any Prepaid or Postpaid package offered by Telenor, regardless of your existing package plans on your existing network
Will all porting requests be successful?
Depends. If all information you provide is validated and you have no obligations to your existing service provider, a porting request will be successful. However, there are some scenarios where porting requests can be put on hold, or denied.
How will I know if I have unsettled balance with my existing cellular network?
If you are a Postpaid user, your existing cellular network will inform you about it within 1 working day.
How will I know when my number has been successfully ported?
You see a message of SIM registration failed on your existing cellular network's SIM when your number is disconnected. Upon receiving this message, insert your SIM card with Telenor's SIM, you will receive a Welcome-SMS, indicating that Telenor services are ready to be used.
How do I save and transfer phone numbers stored in existing phonebooks?
People who are porting their phone numbers need to save or transfer their existing phonebooks before porting day. Otherwise they will lose their saved numbers. There are various ways to do this, depending on the type of existing and new phones. The implementation team can give you any help and advice you need, but here are the basics.
Copying numbers from one Bluetooth phone to another is easy. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions in the existing phone's user guide and the new Telenor user guide
If you have two phones with infrared, you can use it to transfer your numbers. Some infrared phones will allow you to transfer all the numbers in one hit, others will only allow one number to be transferred at a time. See your user guide for more details
Copy all your contacts from your old SIM on your mobile. Please insert the new Telenor SIM and copy all the contact from your mobile phone onto your new Telenor SIM.