Direct Carrier Billing on Google Play
Telenor brings the convenience of buying Apps and In-App content on Google Play without any hassle of credit/debit card. Simply buy content through prepaid mobile balance or charge to postpaid bill for a whole new experience.
- Access to Premium, Subscriptions and In-App Purchases.
- User can buy App, In-App or subscription of upto 2500 PKR
- Monthly spend limit on Google play is 15000 PKR
- For security, password can be enabled at every purchase from authentication settings
Now is the time to experience the best of your favorite games, buy all the coins and gems you want, just enable Direct Carrier Billing on your android phone and play it best. And If you do not know how to do that; well no problem, just click on FAQ tab and follow the steps.
Charges are mentioned in PKR with each App and In-App content. There are no additional charges for using the Direct Carrier Billing service. If you are on mobile internet with no internet bundle active while using the services, then standard charges apply.
What is Telenor Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) on Google Play?
Direct carrier billing (DCB) on Google Play is a payment method that uses your mobile balance to buy Google Play content such as Apps and In-App purchases.
Is this service for prepaid and postpaid both?
Yes, Telenor prepaid and postpaid users can avail this service.
Can I use DCB on my phone?
If you are a Telenor user and keep Google Play on your android phone with a valid Google account, you can use DCB as payment method to buy Apps and In-App content on Google Play.
Is DCB by default active as payment method on my phone?
No, you have to opt in first by setting up DCB on your phone.
How can I setup DCB on my phone?
Open Google Play and make sure you are signed in with your Google account
- Tap Menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left , and select “Account” in Google Play Store
- Tap on “Payment Methods”
- Tap on “Use Telenor Billing”
- Enter required details in fields and tap “Save”
A pop up would appear saying “Verifying Account”. You should now be able to see "Bill my Telenor account" payment option while buying content.
How can I buy content with DCB?
Locate your content and click on the button with price indicated
- If you are seeing debit/credit card option instead of “Bill my Telenor account” then first click on the small arrow next to 4 digits of your debit/credit card and
select “Bill my Telenor account”
- Tap “Buy”
- Enter your Google account password and tap “Confirm”
You should see “Payment successful” message. You can view the content purchased in your “Order History”
I have dual sim in my phone, how can I setup DCB?
Insert one sim first and setup DCB. This will establish the connection with Google Play and your preferred Telenor mobile SIM. Once it’s done, you can insert your second sim.
I have a coded message in my phone to 2057. Why is this happening?
You may see an SMS (text message) starting with "DCB_Association" in your phone when you setup Direct Carrier Billing. The DCB_Association message is automatically sent to complete enrollment in direct carrier billing. There are no SMS charges.
How can I remove “Use Telenor Billing” payment option?
Make sure you are signed in with your Google account registered for DCB
- Go to https://payments.google.com
- In menu, tap “Payment Methods” to see all your payment methods
- Remove “Telenor” payment method
Is there a cap or limit on the amount and number of purchases?
Your each transaction limit is PKR 2500. Your monthly usage limit is PKR 15000. There is no limit on the number of transactions.
How can I control unauthorized purchases, is there a password?
App purchase on Google Play Store is secured. You enter password every time you make a purchase. You can control these authentication settings
- Tap Menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left , and select “Account”
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Require authentication for purchases” and select your desired level of authentication
If I accidentally delete an App, will I be charged twice to download it again?
No, as long as you use the same Google Account that you used to download the App, you will not be charged again to download the same App.
How can I know if I have been charged for content?
You would receive SMS from Telenor containing content name and price. You would also receive email from Google Play. You can also view your order history in order history of Google Play account.
I was charged but my App did not download what should I do?
Once you are charged for the App, you can download it for free using same Google account. However if you are unable to download it for free and have already been charged for it, please contact Google.
How can I view my order history?
- Tap Menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left , and select 'Account” in Google Play
- Tap on “Account”
- Tap on “Order History”
You can also view at play.google.com, click on “Account’ in menu and then select ‘Order History”
What should I do if I am facing an issue with an App or In-App Content?
- Go to play.google.com
- Tap on “Account” and scroll down to order history , swipe left
- Click on three dots in the item row,
- Click on “Report a problem”, select the relevant category and submit
I requested refund within two hours of purchase, when will I get the refund?
Prepaid customers receive refund within 12 hours. Postpaid customers would receive refund in 5 working days.
I requested refund after two hours of purchase, when will I get the refund?
Prepaid customers receive refund within 12 hours from time of receiving the “Order cancellation receipt” from Google.
Postpaid customers receive refund in 5 working days from time of receiving the “Order cancellation receipt” from Google.
How can I report unauthorized charges?
Once you've confirmed that the charge wasn't made by you or anyone you know, you can report the charges to Google support team within 65 days of the transaction at https://support.google.com/googleplay/contact/play_unrecognized_charge
How can I contact Google for help or to report any issue?
There are multiple ways to contact
- By visiting https://support.google.com/googleplay/
- Through Chat in “Help & feedback” in Google Play app menu. The chat option appears at 6:00 PM
- Through call by calling on their help line 001(855)836-3987
What if “Use Telenor Billing” option not showing in my “Payment Methods”?
Here is what you need to do
Check the “Country” associated with your Google payment ID , it has to be Pakistan.
- Go to https://payments.google.com
- Click on “Settings” in menu
- Check the “Country” , change it to Pakistan and “save”
- Try after 12 hours and see if “Use Telenor Billing” is working now
Remove all the payment methods including debit/credit card
- Click on “Payment methods” in menu
- Remove all the payment methods currently there
- Open Google Play, and check if “Use Telenor Billing” option is now present.
I am receiving some error on setting up and using DCB, what should I do?
If you are facing any error while setting up DCB in your phone, try following four steps in sequence. However if this doesn’t work, then you need to contact Google and report your issue.
Remove all the payment methods as below.
- Tap Menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left , and select 'Account” in Google play.
- Click on ‘Payment methods’
- Now click on ‘More payments settings’
- Here, click on menu (top left) and go to ‘Payment Methods’
- Now remove all the payments methods one by one.
- Go to settings in your phone
- Go to Applications, and click on Application Manager
- Scroll down to ‘Google App’ , click on it
- Click ‘Storage’
- Click Clear Cache, Clear data
- Also Force Stop
Log out from your Google Account.
- Go to settings in your phone
- Go to ‘Accounts”
- Click on ‘Google’
- Click on ‘More’ on top right corner
- Tap on Remove account
Finally Restart and sign in.
- Restart your Phone
- Open Google Play and login with your Google account