Telenor (hereinafter referred to as "Telenor" "us" "we" or "our") is committed to respecting your privacy. You can visit www.Telenor.com.pk without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
You should read this notice in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of use for the website.
Personal Information Collection
We endeavor to collect and use your personal data only with your knowledge and consent when you use our services, make customer enquiries, register for information or other services, or when you respond to communications from us (such as questionnaires or surveys).
- "Personal Data" is any data that identifies you. The Personal Data which you supply to us you agree will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that.
2. We endeavor to collect and use your personal data only with your knowledge and consent and typically when you use services, make customer enquiries, register for information or other services, or when you respond to communications from us (such as questionnaires or surveys).
3. The type of personal data we may collect could include, for example, your name and postal address, date of birth, gender, telephone and fax numbers, email address, and lifestyle and other information collected on registration or through surveys. If you choose to provide us with personal data it will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated to you.
5. We encourage you to tell Us what your preferences are for using your Personal Data for marketing purposes. At this time by agreeing to these terms and conditions you are agreeing that your name and address may be disclosed to third party suppliers of goods and services who may use it to market their products and services to you.
6. We only send email and text messages to you about new products and services which We consider may be of interest to you only if you have given Us permission to do so.
7. We may collect Personal Data about your usage of the services on the Telenor.com.pk website in order to provide a service to meet your needs. However the data will only be disclosed on an anonymous and aggregated basis not in a way in which you will be identified.
8. We had implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Using the Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads
9. If You have any questions about the handling or protection of your Personal Data or your rights under this Online Agreement please contact Customer Relations by writing to: Data Services Manager 15 Silver Square F -11 Markaz Islamabad
Please quote your name and address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data). We will take all steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
*we may charge Pak Rs.100 to cover the administration costs involved.
10. Telenor may disclose your Personal Data acting in good faith if it believes such action is necessary: to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of Telenor.com.pk enforce this Online Agreement, or act to protect the interests of its users.
11. Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Intranet. Telenor cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Data Protection Manager 15 Silver Square F -11 Markaz Islamabad
What is spamming via SMS/MMS?
SMS/MMS is a very useful means for persons/companies who wish to send information on their products/services quickly. Unfortunately it is also improperly used by some who send mass advertisements to people with whom they have no contractual relationship.
Spamming is the unsolicited dissemination of mass advertising/information via telecommunications. When mobile owners receive such SMS/MMS messages, it must be assumed that these messages are sent systematically via the internet to entire blocks of numbers.
What responsibility does Telenor bear?
Telenor is responsible for transporting information across its network and cannot monitor messages sent by private individuals or companies. Telenor only ensures that these messages are transported without being aware of their contents. Telenor cannot filter the SMS/MMS received by its customers because this would mean checking the content of the messages, therefore violating the confidentiality of telecommunications.
Telecommunication companies are not in a position to monitor and prohibit the transmission of unsolicited messages because they cannot know if a commercial relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of the advertising message. They are only aware of spamming after complaints are received from customers, whose responsibility it is first and foremost to take action against the spammers. Depending on where the spam has come from and following unsuccessful interventions by customers against spammers, the companies can then intervene with the spammer to demand that they stop this practice, and if the offence is repeated, the spammer can be prohibited access to the network. Unfortunately this is not possible in every case.
How can you protect yourself against spamming?
There are some basic rules you can apply in order to reduce as much as possible the risk of being bothered by unsolicited SMS/MMS. You handle your mobile phone number with care and do not give it out over the internet, in forums or other lists or competitions. Many forms often contain in the small print a statement such as 'I am interested in receiving information/advertisements for other products...', which effectively authorizes the sending of commercial SMS/MMS message(s).
What can you do if spamming continues?
Please contact Customer Care in writing, including all the details of the SMS/MMS message(s) including the number of origin of message, content of the message, date and time of receipt etc. Unfortunately, Telenor cannot guarantee that you will not receive messages of this sort in future, since anyone who has access to the mobile network can send advertising SMS/MMS messages without Telenor being able to monitor this.
What can we do if spamming continues?
Telenor will do what it can to intervene with the sender of the messages. We will do all we can to identify the origin of the message and to demand the sender to stop sending such messages. In some cases we can cut off access to the mobile network for the sender of unsolicited messages. Unfortunately the legal situation as regards spamming is not clear: it is not considered illegal. Telenor supports the GSMA’S Spam Code of Practice in the fight against spam.
Please be aware that some Telenor Pakistan customers are receiving hoax calls and fraudulent SMS informing them that they have won a valuable prize. To get the prize, customers are told to buy some scratch cards and tell the calling party the numbers on them. The fraudulent party immediately transfers the balance to unknown accounts thus depriving the customers of their money.
Please also be aware that in some instances, Telenor Pakistan customers are receiving hoax calls and fraudulent SMS asking them to reply. The SMS contains a hidden message which transfers prepaid balance from the customer's account on reply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SUCH CALLS AND SMS ARE A FRAUD.
This notice is being given in the public-interest to inform our customers from fraudulent practices. However Telenor Pakistan does not hold any responsibility or is in any way liable for compensation what so ever against such fraudulent activities.
To read Telenor Pakistan’s customer charter in the language of your choice:
Telenor Customer Care